vbscript class property syntax

Dec 1, 2009 at 3:00 PM

We are now getting a vbscript compiler error "InvalidUseOfKeyword" for our Class property get and let functions.

Public Property Get Foo
  Foo = "bar"
End Property

It complains about the Get and then gives an "ExpectedModifier" error for the next line.

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM

mjarosch, Class is one of the feature that I have not implemented in my VBScript compiler yet. I will try to come out with an implementation soon. Thanks.

Dec 1, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Alright, I'll keep an eye out for future updates.

Keep up the great work.
Mike

May 27, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Is there any update on this issue? when is it gonna be supported asp classic class files?

thanks.

Coordinator
May 27, 2010 at 4:54 PM
No. Although I want to add the VBScript class and Eval/Execute feature, I have not found time to do so. I don't have a date yet. Sorry.

VBScript.net compiler does interact with .net classes. If you do not have lots of VBScript classes, may be you can rewrite them into .net classes?

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 2:42 AM, cemsisman <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Is there any update on this issue? when is it gonna be supported asp classic class files?

thanks.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (aspclassiccompiler@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email aspclassiccompiler@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Hello is there an update / fix for the Class feature. I am also stuck at the same place
Coordinator
Aug 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Sorry, I have not been able to find time to work on it. So no update for the Class feature in the foreseeable future. I could adjust my priorities if there is sufficient demand for it though.

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Hello.. thank you for the quick response. i am in the process of comping a legacy asp application to .Net so we can take it forward to add more functonality and this is a road blocker in this process. I am not really sure how much is involved in implementing this but i would say at the moment its a high priority for us.

If there is any way you can implement this over the next week or two that would be really awesome. If your answer is yes then it might be worth while for me to wait for it.

Please let me know your.
Coordinator
Aug 16, 2013 at 6:25 PM
The current version of aspclassiccompiler only supports vbscript 3.x syntax. To add support for vbscript 5.x syntax (class, execute and eval), I need a minor re-architecture so it is not something that I can do quickly.

The parser can already parse "class" syntax and generate the abstract syntax tree. However, the code-gen portion is missing. The main limitation of the current implementation is that it does not have its own activation record; it uses CLR activation record so it is tied to the CLR semantics.

Currently, all global script code is in a hidden "main" function. All sub/functions are implemented as inner functions of main and access global members through closure.

To implement VBScript 5.0 features with correct semantics, I need to implement my own activation records so that I can resolve/bind class/global variables and sub/functions correctly.

It the above sound familiar to you, you probably have enough background to take the existing source code to the next level. Otherwise, you would probably need to acquire some compiler knowledge first.

Sep 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Hi,
I converted one of my VBScript class into .Net class and I am getting the below error:

"cannot bind member, Execute, on object Microsoft.Scripting.ScopeStorage"

How does the compiler interact with .net class? should I change the way the .net class is used in asp page? I put the class in App_Code folder. Do I need to make changes anywhere else?

Could you explain using some sample code?