Error while using the dll

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Now I have a new error...

Internal: no expression to Generate.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.Scripting.SyntaxErrorException: Internal: no expression to Generate.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SyntaxErrorException: Internal: no expression to Generate.]
   Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ErrorListenerProxySink.Add(SourceUnit sourceUnit, String message, SourceSpan span, Int32 errorCode, Severity severity) +231
   Dlrsoft.VBScript.Hosting.VBScriptContext.CompileSourceCode(SourceUnit sourceUnit, CompilerOptions options, ErrorSink errorSink) +311
   Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit.Compile(CompilerOptions options, ErrorSink errorSink) +29
   Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit.Compile(ErrorSink errorSink) +27
   Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.CompileInternal(CompilerOptions compilerOptions, ErrorListener errorListener) +57
   Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Compile() +8
   Dlrsoft.Asp.AspHost.CompilePage(AspPageDom page) +51
   Dlrsoft.Asp.AspHost.ProcessPageFromFile(String pagePath) +49
   Dlrsoft.Asp.AspHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +273
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2009 at 2:58 PM
This error indicates that your asp page is using some features that I have not implemented. I will release another version in the next few days with better error reporting so we know exactly what I have not implemented. I will also provide another utility (in the next couple of weeks) that you can use to scan your entire site to generate a report. This will help me prioritizing the remaining implementation.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 2:58 AM, rodiniz <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Now I have a new error...

Internal: no expression to Generate.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.Scripting.SyntaxErrorException: Internal: no expression to Generate.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SyntaxErrorException: Internal: no expression to Generate.]
   Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ErrorListenerProxySink.Add(SourceUnit sourceUnit, String message, SourceSpan span, Int32 errorCode, Severity severity) +231
   Dlrsoft.VBScript.Hosting.VBScriptContext.CompileSourceCode(SourceUnit sourceUnit, CompilerOptions options, ErrorSink errorSink) +311
   Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit.Compile(CompilerOptions options, ErrorSink errorSink) +29
   Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit.Compile(ErrorSink errorSink) +27
   Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.CompileInternal(CompilerOptions compilerOptions, ErrorListener errorListener) +57
   Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Compile() +8
   Dlrsoft.Asp.AspHost.CompilePage(AspPageDom page) +51
   Dlrsoft.Asp.AspHost.ProcessPageFromFile(String pagePath) +49
   Dlrsoft.Asp.AspHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +273
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (aspclassiccompiler@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email aspclassiccompiler@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2009 at 5:02 AM

I just uploaded version 0.5.5 that has significant better error reporting. Let me what error you countered. Thanks.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:36 AM

I have lots of errors ..

Two of the errors are in adovbs.inc (provided by microsoft)

Here are the errors

VBScript Compiler Error

FileName Line Column Error Code Error Description
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\adovbs.inc 217 27 9 InvalidIntegerLiteral
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\adovbs.inc 232 27 9 InvalidIntegerLiteral
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_banco_de_dados.asp 294 49 28

ArgumentSyntax

C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 149 22 14 ExpectedRightParenthesis
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 226 27 14 ExpectedRightParenthesis
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 469 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 470 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 471 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 472 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 473 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 474 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 475 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 482 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 483 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 484 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 485 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 486 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 487 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 488 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 489 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 490 18 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 491 19 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 492 19 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 493 19 39 ExpectedEndOfStatement
C:\projects\rodrigo.valle\Lafarge\Homologacao\FeedBack\include\funcoes_comuns.asp 528 1 94 InvalidModifier
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Rodiniz,

I know what the InvalidIntegerLiteral error is now. I will provide another update this evening.

I need some code snippets near the ArgumentSyntax, ExpectedRightParenthesis and InvalidModifier errors. You might send them to info@dlrsoft.com and I will take a look. Thanks.

Li