Where can I get SPTypeLibrary

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Hi,

Where can I get ASPTypeLibrary?

Daniel

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2011 at 3:57 PM
It was generated from asp.dll from C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv. I don't call this dll. The only reason that I used this type library to generate the interfaces is that I want my interfaces for request, response, session as close as to that of classic ASP as possible.
Li

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 7:23 AM, ddoranboroughit <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

Where can I get ASPTypeLibrary?

Daniel

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (aspclassiccompiler@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email aspclassiccompiler@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:52 PM

I believe I had the same problem.
When I opened the ASPClassicCompiler solution for the first time there was a problem with ...ASP.VS2010/References/Interop.TypeLibrary (an icon indicated that something was wrong, I have forgotten the details)
I manually added a referense to ...\aspclassiccompiler\bin\Release\Interop.ASPTypeLibrary.dll to get rid of the problem.

I am not sure if using a ...release\...dll  can cause problems when the active solution configuration is debug

Keld

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2011 at 9:36 PM

The Interfrop.ASPTypeLibrary.dll is generated from ASP.DLL by Visual Studio. I don't think it is a problem you reference one from release or debug dir because I don't think there will be any difference in it. I do recommend you copy it out of the release folder and put it in a library folder as the release folder might be erased if you do a Clean.

I think the problem is that not everyone has ASP.DLL. You only have it if you installed IIS on your computer. Also the ASP.DLL may not be in the same location depending on 32 bit or 64 bit OS. So what I will do is that I will pre-generate the interop assembly and place it in the library folder and that should work for everyone.

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2011 at 5:48 AM

I just moved Interop.ASPTypeLibrary.dll to the Library folder and committed the code. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.