Silverlight 4 VS2010

May 3, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Has any work been done to get the Silverlight Solution to work under VS2010 using Silverlight 4?

Coordinator
May 3, 2011 at 10:11 PM
No. I did an example with earlier version of Silverlight to show this is possible. However, since no body else has indicated interest in running VBScript.Net in Silverlight, I have not updated the version of Silverlight used in the example, but I presume this could be done fairly earily.
Li Chen

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:59 PM, coallen <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Has any work been done to get the Silverlight Solution to work under VS2010 using Silverlight 4?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (aspclassiccompiler@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email aspclassiccompiler@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 3, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Actually, it looks like there are some compatibility issues introduced with the Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll. I'm getting a lot of duplicate function errors:

Error 7 The type 'System.Dynamic.UnaryOperationBinder' exists in both 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\Silverlight\v4.0\System.Core.dll' and 'c:\temp\aspclassiccompiler-add9dd64e8dc\aspclassiccompiler_add9dd64e8dc\aspclassiccompiler\SilverlightVBScriptSample\SilverlightApplication1\Bin\Debug\Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll' C:\temp\aspclassiccompiler-add9dd64e8dc\aspclassiccompiler_add9dd64e8dc\aspclassiccompiler\VBScript\Binders\VBScriptUnaryOperationBinder.cs 16 49 SLVBScript

There are about 125 errors of the same type. If I try to compile it under VS2010 using SL3 instead of SL4, I get errors about ArrayList not being found (I didn't think ArrayList was even supported under SL so I'm not sure how this solution would have ever compiled?).

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 5:00 AM
I fixed the Silverlight solution to use VS2010/Silverlight 4. Microsoft.Scripting.Core is no longer needed because it is part of System.Core.dll in 4.0. I have replaced the ArrayList with its generic version; I guess I had never compiled the Silverlight solution after I added ArrayList.
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 2:21 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Silverlight 4 VS2010 [aspclassiccompiler:256202]

Actually, it looks like there are some compatibility issues introduced with the Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll. I'm getting a lot of duplicate function errors:

Error 7 The type 'System.Dynamic.UnaryOperationBinder' exists in both 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\Silverlight\v4.0\System.Core.dll' and 'c:\temp\aspclassiccompiler-add9dd64e8dc\aspclassiccompiler_add9dd64e8dc\aspclassiccompiler\SilverlightVBScriptSample\SilverlightApplication1\Bin\Debug\Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll' C:\temp\aspclassiccompiler-add9dd64e8dc\aspclassiccompiler_add9dd64e8dc\aspclassiccompiler\VBScript\Binders\VBScriptUnaryOperationBinder.cs 16 49 SLVBScript

There are about 125 errors of the same type. If I try to compile it under VS2010 using SL3 instead of SL4, I get errors about ArrayList not being found (I didn't think ArrayList was even supported under SL so I'm not sure how this solution would have ever compiled?).

May 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Thanks, that works great! And thanks for your work on this project.