Sep 27, 2010 at 8:11 AM

hi i have some sampl.cs code having sampl class

it is in app_code folder

i want to call it from a.asp

i am writing something like this

in a.asp

dim k=New sampl()

but its saying error

System.MissingMemberException: cannot bind member, sampl, on object Microsoft.Scripting.ScopeStorage

how can i call custom class from asp page

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2010 at 2:55 PM
You need to instruct asp classic compiler to search your assembly. You also need to add an import statement to the top namespace. See http://weblogs.asp.net/lichen/archive/2010/03/28/using-custom-net-classes-in-asp-classic-compiler.aspx and also http://aspclassiccompiler.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=205235.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:11 AM, amrullah <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

hi i have some sampl.cs code having sampl class

it is in app_code folder

i want to call it from a.asp

i am writing something like this

in a.asp

dim k=New sampl()

but its saying error

System.MissingMemberException: cannot bind member, sampl, on object Microsoft.Scripting.ScopeStorage

how can i call custom class from asp page

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (aspclassiccompiler@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email aspclassiccompiler@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I am getting the same error after I converted my vbscript class in .inc file to .net class.

"cannot bind member, Execute, on object Microsoft.Scripting.ScopeStorage"

The class is in App_Code folder, so the class should be already available. I am not sure how asp page interacts with .net class. Any help is appreciated.