Argument 'Start' must be greater than 0 or equal to -1.

Apr 6, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Firstly; nice work the the updates over the easter weekend, thanks! :-) I thought I'd make a new thread since this isn't related to loading custom assemblies.

I'm getting an unusual error when executing once of my ASP pages, and I'm not sure how it translates to the code it says is causing it. For example:

D:\Test\Website\std.asp (635,1)-(635,68)

Line 635 of std.asp is a blank line, and the line above it is simply:

<% end if
strSessionManagementLastPage = ""

So I'm unsure how to carry on. Any help would be cool :-)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Argument 'Start' must be greater than 0 or equal to -1.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Argument 'Start' must be greater than 0 or equal to -1.]
   Microsoft.VisualBasic.Strings.InStrRev(String StringCheck, String StringMatch, Int32 Start, CompareMethod Compare) +333
   Dlrsoft.VBScript.Runtime.BuiltInFunctions.InStrRev(Object string1, Object string2, Object start, Object compare) in F:\projects\dotnet35\VBParser80\VBScript\Runtime\BuiltInFunctions.cs:691
   Dlrsoft.VBScript.Runtime.BuiltInFunctions.InStrRev(Object string1, Object string2) in F:\projects\dotnet35\VBParser80\VBScript\Runtime\BuiltInFunctions.cs:681
   CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , TypeModel , Object , String ) +140
   lambda_method(Closure , VBScript , IDynamicMetaObjectProvider ) +35103
   Dlrsoft.VBScript.Hosting.VBScriptCode.Run(Scope scope) in F:\projects\dotnet35\VBParser80\VBScript\hosting\VBScriptCode.cs:55
   Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.CompiledCode.Execute(ScriptScope scope) in F:\downloads\dlr\DLR-0.92-Src\Codeplex-DLR-0.92\Src\Runtime\Microsoft.Scripting\Hosting\CompiledCode.cs:83
   Dlrsoft.Asp.AspHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in F:\projects\dotnet35\VBParser80\asp\AspHandler.cs:97

[VBScriptRuntimeException: D:\Test\Website\std.asp (635,1)-(635,68)]
   Dlrsoft.Asp.AspHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in F:\projects\dotnet35\VBParser80\asp\AspHandler.cs:118
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2010 at 5:06 AM
There is bug in the implementation of InstrRev function. Please download the latest version. Thanks.

Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 7:18 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Argument 'Start' must be greater than 0 or equal to -1. [aspclassiccompiler:208443]

Firstly; nice work the the updates over the easter weekend, thanks! :-) I thought I'd make a new thread since this isn't related to loading custom assemblies.

I'm getting an unusual error when executing once of my ASP pages, and I'm not sure how it translates to the code it says is causing it. For example:

D:\Test\Website\std.asp (635,1)-(635,68)

Line 635 of std.asp is a blank line, and the line above it is simply:

<% end if
strSessionManagementLastPage = ""

So I'm unsure how to carry on. Any help would be cool :-)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Argument 'Start' must be greater than 0 or equal to -1.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Argument 'Start' must be greater than 0 or equal to -1.]
   Microsoft.VisualBasic.Strings.InStrRev(String StringCheck, String StringMatch, Int32 Start, CompareMethod Compare) +333
   Dlrsoft.VBScript.Runtime.BuiltInFunctions.InStrRev(Object string1, Object string2, Object start, Object compare) in F:\projects\dotnet35\VBParser80\VBScript\Runtime\BuiltInFunctions.cs:691
   Dlrsoft.VBScript.Runtime.BuiltInFunctions.InStrRev(Object string1, Object string2) in F:\projects\dotnet35\VBParser80\VBScript\Runtime\BuiltInFunctions.cs:681
   CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , TypeModel , Object , String ) +140
   lambda_method(Closure , VBScript , IDynamicMetaObjectProvider ) +35103
   Dlrsoft.VBScript.Hosting.VBScriptCode.Run(Scope scope) in F:\projects\dotnet35\VBParser80\VBScript\hosting\VBScriptCode.cs:55
   Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.CompiledCode.Execute(ScriptScope scope) in F:\downloads\dlr\DLR-0.92-Src\Codeplex-DLR-0.92\Src\Runtime\Microsoft.Scripting\Hosting\CompiledCode.cs:83
   Dlrsoft.Asp.AspHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in F:\projects\dotnet35\VBParser80\asp\AspHandler.cs:97

[VBScriptRuntimeException: D:\Test\Website\std.asp (635,1)-(635,68)]
   Dlrsoft.Asp.AspHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in F:\projects\dotnet35\VBParser80\asp\AspHandler.cs:118
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082