Is it threadsafe

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Hi 

Thanks for this nice development. 

I have one question. Is this thread safe? And I am more interested to know it performance comparison with normal Classic ASP compiler.

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2011 at 3:20 PM
Yes, it is designed to be thread safe. I have not gone through extensive review, but any oversight could be fixed fairly easily.
As for performance, it starts up slower than classic asp. Classic ASP is completely interpreted. Classic ASP Compiler takes the extra overhead to compile the page.
Once compiled. The compiled code will stay in the cache until asp.net worker process restart. My limited bench mark testing shows that the compiled code runs about 3 times as fast as interpreted classic asp. There are a few places I can further improve performance, such as replacing some dynamic meta object code with callsite caching code.
Li
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 7:28 AM, abhinavg <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi

Thanks for this nice development.

I have one question. Is this thread safe? And I am more interested to know it performance comparison with normal Classic ASP compiler.

Thanks

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (aspclassiccompiler@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email aspclassiccompiler@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:33 AM
Edited Jan 21, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Thanks Li,

You rock.

If possible do you have the list of functions that are not implemented yet in the latest build?